El tiempo en Zaragoza

miércoles, 12 de septiembre de 2012

A short story I’d like to share

    In doing exercises which prepare me for the FCE exam, I think I’ve done a good job with a short story. Therefore, I gladly attach them so that anyone can read it. Thanks for visiting my blog, anyway, it was a bit abandoned.

 


Unexpected surprise

    It was only a small mistake but it changed my life, undoubtedly. I'll try to tell you how it happened, I am thrilled with excitement when I remember the scene.

    First of all, my name's Jake, and I am a 20 year old boy from Los Angeles, California. I'm instinctively adventurous and fearless, what puts me in situations in which sometimes I behave a bit carelessly, such as on that single time, when I was still a freshman in the high school.


    It was the most important day of the course, due to everybody having to choose a discipline to practice after attending classes. All we had to do is writing down our name and signature and then sending it into a box whose front side had the activity's name written on it. I was lucky, that year the number of activities was the largest ever, and while I was overlooking all those boxes I stared at one, I no longer waited, I quickly introduced my inscription and wished for the confirmation to arrive a few days later at home.


   Nonetheless, the letter didn't bring good news: 'No way, I wasn't chosen for judo!'- I hopelessly complained. Instead of that, I had been drawn to participate in playing guitar lessons. When I reached by the bulletin board I understood why, I mistook the box for its adjacent, which stood for guitar lessons. I admitted it was my fault, and, ever since then, I have been eagerly playing, allowing me to think about joining a band. It was the best choice I could make, and paradoxically I didn't even make it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario